Registration is Open
We are thrilled to announce the 2021 WISe Virtual Gathering happening August 24th, 9am-12pm (Pacific Time)
- WISe networks, focused on practitioners.
- Youth, family and others who are involved with and/or supportive of WISe are welcome to attend as well.
9:00am Event Begins
WISe Overview & Update
Keynote Speaker: Kira Mauseth, Ph.D.
Workplace Trends, Resources, and Strategies: Reopening, Reorienting, and Navigating Unknowns — Behavioral Health Strategies during Recovery from
- Partners (DCYF, JRA, Tribes, MCOs, DDA, etc)
- Mental Health Therapists
- Care Coordinators
- Youth Leaders (Youth Partners, Youth Organizations, Youth Peers)
- Parent/Caregiver Leaders (Family Partners, Family Organizations,
- WISe Agency Supervisors, Coaches, and Managers
12:00pm Session Ends
Workplace Trends, Resources, and Strategies: Reopening, Reorienting, and Navigating Unknowns
Behavioral Health Strategies during Recovery from COVID-19
Kira Mauseth, Ph.D.
Co-Lead Behavioral Health Strike Team
Washington State Dept of Health
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected our personal and professional lives in many ways that we may not recognize.
- A resilient workforce during these challenging times is more meaningful than ever. Leaders and team members alike have unique opportunities to help others navigate their experiences while also taking care of themselves.
What this presentation covers and what participants will learn:
- Behavioral health considerations and navigating the unknowns during recovery.
- Information about the physical and neuro-chemical processes at work that influence our behavior in disaster recovery.
- Strategies for improving healthy boundaries, self-efficacy, and active coping.
- The PEACE model for active, practical resilience building.
Dr. Kira Mauseth is a practicing clinical psychologist who splits her professional time between seeing patients at Snohomish Psychology Associates, teaching as a Senior Instructor at Seattle University, and serving as a co-lead for the Behavioral Health Strike Team for the WA State Department of Health. She also serves as the Mental Health Adult Clinical member for the state’s Disaster Medical Advisory Committee (DMAC). Her work and research interests focus on resilience and recovery from trauma as well as well as disaster behavioral health. She has worked abroad extensively in disaster response and with first responders and health care workers throughout United States. Dr. Mauseth also conducts trainings and provides presentations to organizations and educational groups about disaster preparedness and resilience building within local communities.
We look forward to hosting a face-to-face WISe Symposium in the future and even though this year’s event will be online, the 3-hour event will be filled with fun and some likely surprises! We hope you all will plan to join!
The 2021 WISe Virtual Gathering is brought to you by the Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery – Washington State Health Care Authority and En Route, LLC